Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hip-Hop Thought of the Day (#1)

They tryin to blame this rap shit for all of our ills
Like I can stick you up with a mic
Like I can rape you with a verse or use a verb as a knife
Like before Kool Herc, everything was alright
Like y'all wasn't callin black women hoes befo' "Rappers Delight"
Sheeeit~! That's just idiot talk, this whole shit is a farce
I refuse to be hip-hop's pallbearer
Had to tell my son cut that bullshit off
Them ain't videos nigga, that's psychological warfare

-Phonte, Little Brother

http://www.coolmarriedguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/phonte1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite verses from Phonte, one of hip hop's most underrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, man great post.....!
    I really like it.
    Also its an excellent website with lot of informative post......

    ReplyDelete