Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Daft Sixteen by Sidik

As some of you know, I used to be an emcee. I discovered this sixteen from a rhyme book I used to go hard in. Those were the days.

Carbon Copy
by Sidik Fofana


Roof incineration, hood translation
Though my biased eye offers some limitation
Swim through the tar of a nicotine cloud
Sofa buddies congratulate their lungs as they puff
Drive-by motion, side window tinted
The bullet hit the brick of a black infinite
Nobody broke down at the funeral home visit
Because they understood the laws of blacktop physics
I wouldn't be surprised if today or tomorrow
The shooter is a victim of the ricochet kharma
Sally, dress proper. I know this is August
But don't pick your nose during eulogies
Don't squeeze your nose as you look into the coffin
Rehearse your etiquette because this will happen often
To a daisy bunch was my last ten cents
Carbon copied by this rhyme and a pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment