Monday, June 21, 2010

Drake's Thank Me Later Mini-Review

I swear I'm old. I heard Drake say "gun" like once on his whole debut Thank Me Later, at which point I had an epiphany: gangster rap is officially on its death bed. Here we have one of Hip-Hop premier rookies singing 808 ballads and identifying irony. That's right, peep "The Resistance": "I'm 23 with a money tree/ Growing more too I just planted a hundred seeds/ It's ironic 'cause my mother was a florist and that's how she met my pops and now my garden is enormous." Yes, the monotone singing can get nauseating at times, but with tracks like the prophetic "Thank Me Now" and the bouncy "Fancy", Drake is showing us the good ones no longer need toting licenses.

http://growop.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/2m5dn6e-737177.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment