Sunday, July 5, 2009

"Air" McNair



I was born in Houston and at one point I was at an Oilers fan. The Oilers are now The Tennessee Titans, so I would be remiss not to say that I feel still some connection to this franchise. Anyway, Yahoo got me with their headline that this former NFL star was found slain in a Nashville condo. With Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson dying less than two weeks prior, the shock slash disbelief value is at an all-time high. The details surrounding the death are sketchy at-best and I have a hunch that a true Hollywood story will come out of this, but I myself will not buy into this pitty-patty probing of the lives of deceased celebrities. Nobody is perfect, so let these people sleep in peace. McNair was an amazing quarterback and, judging from the testimonials of his closest friends and relatives, and an amazing person. That's all we need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment