Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gladwell's New Book


I cop Malcolm Gladwell books like I cop Nas albums. The famed author of the Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers is back with a collection of his New Yorker essays, published over a ten year span. Gladwell's astonishing links to seemingly different entities continues to amaze me. In the Tipping Point, he discussed how proximity in public housing facilities aided the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore. Blink explored the process of thinking without thinking and Outliers introduced the 10,000 hour rule, which guarantees anyone can be great at something with that many hours of practice. Gladwell is an avid sports fan as well (who'd a thunk?). So, it goes without saying, I'm going to make this endorsement without even reading the book. I won't be wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment