Sunday, August 15, 2010

Salon.com Diary Day 280

Follow Sidik Fofana on his quest to land a freelancing job at the prestigious publication, Salon.com.

 The image “http://www.hamiddabashi.com/images/salon_com.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Been a while since I gave it the old college try, so I sent this to the associate editor to remind him of my writing goals. I guess it doesn't hurt to nudge the bigwigs every now and then to see if they're still listening. I'll keep you abreast if I get a response.

Hey Mr. Rogers,

It’s been a little while since you made my day with that email inviting me to Open Salon. Since then, I’ve dutifully blogging away, hoping to build a readership and catch the eye of a Salon editor or two.
I’m writing because I hope you will still consider me in the near future as a book reviewer of fiction by minority writers.  

I feel like I get better everyday as a writer (as a music writer because I read the Best Music Writing from cover to cover every year; as a book reviewer because I read Salon religiously) and it would be a dream come true to get the chance grow with your staff. 

My long time goal is still to contribute the book section at Salon.com and I consider blogging on Open Salon as a unofficial internship in a way. I hope you guys continue to look out for me and know that I’m really serious about someday being a Salon.com writer, however lofty that dream seems.

Thanks again for reading!

Sidik

PS. Interesting interview with “The Great Typo Hunt” guy. Personally, I think typos arre like insignificant misdemeanors when it comes to communication.

PS. That “arre” typo was on purpose. Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment